Providing great business solutions that are progressive, forward thinking, and respected.
Join the team at Grapp Lerash and make a real impact in the Great Lakes Bay Region and beyond! We are a community of professionals committed to delivering unparalleled quality and transparency to our clients. Our Staff Accountants play a vital role in ensuring this commitment is met by offering high quality service to our clients in the Great Lakes Bay Region and beyond.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Staff Accountant to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail, strong research skills, and an analytical and intuitive mindset. They should be experienced in public accounting and work across multiple clients simultaneously. A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field and at least one year of experience in public accounting, including a busy season, is required. A CPA license or desire to obtain it is preferred.
- Prepare tax returns, tax planning opportunities, and tax estimate preparations for individuals and businesses.
- Participate in attestation engagements, including sample testing and report preparation.
- Provide client accounting services, including bookkeeping, payroll processing, and financial report preparation.
- Respond to client and internal requests for support.
- Foster relationships with small business and individual clients.
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- One year of experience in public accounting.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Thomson Reuters tax software is a plus.
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time.
- Willingness to work flexible hours during busy times.
- Alignment with the firm’s values and commitment to client service and business growth.
Join our team at Grapp Lerash and enjoy a challenging and rewarding career while positively impacting both our clients and community.
Grapp Lerash is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.